Need some lessons to try and or tweak? Download Now: YouthMinistryLessons.com!

Themed Lock-Ins

On November 24th we will be doing a jr. high (7th & 8th) Lock-In at our local YMCA.

We have themed this lock-in “SURVIVOR.” I usually like to theme lock-in events because the name really draws attention to the event.

The purpose of our jr. high lock-in is draw students it’s targeted to in our community and then share the gospel with them.

We will be doing all the YMCA has to offer plus: 3 survivor tribe activities where the tribes compete against each other for points. The tribe with the most points wins a team prize and because this is a Christian event nobody gets voted off!

About Steve Blanchard

I love God, Family, Youth Ministry, Blogging, Superhero Stuff Follow me on: Facebook and Google+ and Twitter

23 comments… add one

• Tim September 6, 2007, 7:46 am

We are planning a “Clue” lock-in for the coming month. I have developed evidence sheets, with 8 different rooms from the church, 8 weapons, and a list of 19 kids in our youth group. Each room which the students will need to go to contains a small folder with a clue, one weapon, and two plastic figures that identify who did not do the crime (items are to be somewhat easy to find since it will be somewhat dark). The church lights will be turned off (night game), and each team of 4 will be equipped with a flashlight. They will search the rooms for “clues” on a crime that has yet to be thought of. I did this on a small level with about 25 kids and they loved it, if you are interested I will figure out a way to post the word documents which include evidence sheets, “snitch passes,” prizes awarded, and official game rules…

• steveblanchard September 6, 2007, 7:51 am

Sounds like a great idea Tim! Yeah if you want, you can email me the document/s and I will do a post using your comment. youthministryideas@gmail.com

• Eric Mindrebo November 9, 2007, 12:56 pm

Our youth ministry team just decided to do a “Survivor” lock-in could you possibly forward me any activities or ideas you came up with for your lock in. ejmindrebo@yahoo.com

• Del Potter November 11, 2007, 5:18 am

That Survivor theme for the Ymca lock-in sounds cool could u send me materials you used to make it happen? Appreciate ya and God bless

• Justin and Corie Ellerbee December 2, 2007, 2:48 pm

We’re doing a lock-in for new years, and I just saw your survivor themed lock-in documents. I thing we’ll work on getting that done, it sounds exciting! If you don’t mind emailing me the documents on your clue lock-in, I would really like that. I believe the kids would have a ball with that. Any game played in the dark is always a big hit! Keep up the good work and God bless!

• Delane Gatlin December 10, 2007, 9:46 pm

We are planning a Survivor Themed lock-in, please send us information to help on our decoration and devotional topics. Thank you

• steveblanchard December 11, 2007, 11:58 am

Delane: I have a posting that details out what I did for the survivor lock-in. Do a search on my site for “survivor”.

For devotional topics I would recommend searching for some stories of survival and work out your own salvation theme based on that. You can also get some YouTube videos that can help illustrate.

Hope this helps.

• Todd Dugal December 12, 2007, 9:46 am

I used the theme “Surviver” last year in our youth group lock-in and it went great. We used teams to compete in everything from target shooting to computer games. Whomever ended with the most totems at the end of the night was declared the winner. A lot of fun and excitement, try this out.

• steveblanchard December 12, 2007, 3:22 pm

Todd if you have any documents to add, please send them my way and I’ll post!

• Ed Blanchard December 27, 2007, 9:56 am

We are in the middle of planning a “clue” lock-in for new year’s eve. If you still have the “props” we would love to use them.

Thanks.

• steveblanchard December 31, 2007, 1:21 pm

Sorry bro (Ed Blanchard) Are you really a blanchard? SWEET!

• Keith April 2, 2008, 9:56 pm

hey. this lockin idea sounds like a blast. please send me this if you can as soon as possible. we are planning for it this week and will be having our lockin this weekend.

thanks!

• Dawn Birkicht April 3, 2008, 10:23 am

Hey all,
    I am very new to YM and am looking for ideas and resources. Our parish has not had a program for sometime and I am trying to get it up and running.
    I saw someone talking about a “clue” lock-in and would love to have some information on it if you are willing to share.
    Please feel free to email.

Thanks so much,
    Dawn

• Ray Kaetzel April 8, 2008, 8:44 am

I would love to get info about the Clue lock-in

thanks

• Steve April 8, 2008, 10:22 am

I don’t have a “CLUE” why people keep mentioning clue?

• lynn April 30, 2008, 9:38 am

i would love info for “clue” lock in. any ideas would be helpful. this is my first time. i have no idea what to expect.

any games/actitivies would be great.

• Micki May 15, 2008, 11:37 am

Those two lock in ideas sound great!!!!! Would you guys mind sending me the documents on them? My kids would love that! Thank you!

• Steve May 15, 2008, 1:51 pm

Micki – the documents can be downloaded from the survivor post.

• Steve September 17, 2009, 12:44 pm

I’m sorry I don’t have this Clue Lock In

• Monica August 3, 2011, 1:48 am

I am looking into doing a church lock in… Any papers or documents that you could give them would be greatly appreciated! thanks… e-mail any documents to moni2003_19@yahoo.com! thanks….

• Monica August 3, 2011, 1:48 am

• Chaduizm September 27, 2011, 4:58 am

Tim is there any way you could email me how you pulled this off. it sounds like a lot of fun. i’d like to use your idea for our new year’s lock in. you can contact me at chaduizm@AOL.COM please. Thanks.

• Risa October 27, 2011, 2:13 pm

I would also definitely be interested in your word documents if you made them. This sounds like a CLUElessly fun time! Thanks! Risa youth@stpaulsokc.com